Frequently Asked Questions


 What are city hall office hours?

Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Friday 7:30 a.m. - Noon

  Where do I take my recyclables?

Otter Tail County bins are available for plastic 1 - 7, aluminum cans, glass (cleaned & rinsed) and paper, office paper, paper board, magazines and newsprint; card board,  located at 101 Maple Avenue South, next to the Water Tower.

Thank you for NOT trying to recycle styrofoam, plastic bags or wraps, no recycling in bags, hoses, wires, cords or electronics, food or liquid

 At what point is a snow emergency declared?

 Do I need a permit for a recreational fire?

Burn permits are not required for recreational fires (campfires).

  Where do I get a burning permit?

1-3 Day Burning Permits are available  in the City Clerk's Office - Amanda Thorson, Fire Warden
See attached link for annual permit from DNR